Everything about VASARI The Natural Wall Plaster
- plaster is the premium replacement for paint
- made naturally with natural products only
- probably the easiest plaster on the planet to apply
- very easy to maintain and repair
- very versatile in look and feel. Each of our products are extremely flexible in technique and aesthetics
- very affordable
- long lasting
- lime based plasters are unequivocally the most beautiful wall finishes on the planet
- lasts for very very long time and improves with age
- eco-friendly, zero VOC, hypo- allergenic, no off-gassing, absorbs carbon dioxide, naturally resistant to mold and expels excess humidity
- versatile in any texture, sheen or color
- filters the air
- crack resistant
- fade resistant
- the ultimate replacement for paint
All of our products are made with lime, powdered marble, crushed limestone, earth based pigments, natural polymers, pozzolans, and a few more magical things.
- Carrera Thicker plaster made with most and larger sand particles. Can be applied textured, matte, smooth or slightly polish for subtle variation and movement of color.
- Marmorino Thinner plaster with a less and smaller sand particles. Applied matte or medium or polished for more variation and movement of color.
- Stucco Exterior finish coat. Just like our Carrera plaster except made for exteriors, Can be applied textured or smooth.
- Veneziano Contains no sand and is applied in thin coats. It can be applied very subtle and matte or very polished and dramatic like marble.
- Wetskim lime based skim coat for the base of interior walls.
Yes. With proper guidance we will advice you the best solutions for shower stalls and semi-exteriors.
Latex or acrylic water based primer? Yes. With Wetskim the result will be better . Plaster adheres much better and easier to work when it’s being ‘Wetskim’
- Latex or acrylic water based paint? Yes. You usually don't need to prime it unless it's a high sheen paint.
- Cement and concrete? Yes, but you should probably use our Wetskim first.
- Gypsum plaster? You should use our Wetskim it first.
- Drywall? Prime everything well with a good primer.
- Fiberglass board? Yes, but the seams are gypsum, so prime it anyway. You want to have even suction everywhere.
- Cement board? Yes, unless the seams are gypsum based. Remember!
- Magnesium board? Yes, but the seams are gypsum, so prime it anyway.
- Oil based paint or primer? No. Oil based has to be removed first before plaster.
- Wallpaper? We recommend to remove wallpaper as wallpaper doesn’t last.
For a professional job, use a professional. But, for the most part, it's pretty easy for most techniques. Most people need a 20 minute learning curve. Just watch your uniformity, edges and trowel marks and you'll have a beautiful finish. Or just watch our videos. Always make a sample board first and start in the smallest area until you get the hang of it.
Usually with a trowel. Usually in 2 coats. Time can be greatly accelerated by spraying or sometimes rolling on the first coat (then back-trowel it).
Yes, very. It's zero VOC, hypo- allergenic, doesn't off-gas, absorbs carbon dioxide, naturally resistant to mold and expels excess humidity. You'll hardly smell a thing when you're applying it. Very dark colors might sometimes have an odor to them.
Ask us your question and we will answer to you.